Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Day #1 - Love is Patient

Wow, what was I thinking. I started this journey during the busiest time of the year and on my 20th wedding anniversary. My husband and I have what I consider a good marriage but I like to think there's always room for improvement. I thought I had more patience but I was soon to learn I was completely mistaken.


I got frustrated with my husband because I wanted him to treat our anniversary as something special. Instead of talking to him about it I was impatient and he couldn't figure out why. I had to remind myself that he couldn't read my mind and if I over-reacted then he would put up a wall that I would never break through. I took a deep breath and carefully explained what I wanted our anniversary to be. He was delighted that I made it easy for him to understand and we ended up having a great dinner just the two of us.


It amazes me that a little bit of patience goes a long way to making a terrific day. I learned that I didn't have as much patience as I thought I did. I now have tool for remembering to be patience, a deep breath!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I never thought being patient would be this easy. At first I wanted to strike back verbally, but I didn't. Now I wonder why I ever replied in kind. I can avoid so many arguments. Good job. GBU.

jbod34 said...

Thank you for doing this. I feel very vulnerable but I am willing to do ANYTHING for my two beautiful boys and my husband. He is the love of my life but you wouldn't know it by watching us. My prayer is that God gives me the perserverence to do this and do it all the way.