Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Day #2 - Love is kind

The first day was so stressful that I thought day 2 would be the same but somehow it was a pleasant surprise. The most difficult thing was to come up with something to do that was kind. Not that being kind is hard but to focus on being kind to your spouse requires some effort. We get so busy with everyday life that we forget the simple acts that mean so much. It took some time but I found the perfect way.


We were getting ready to leave town for a visit to family. The trip by car is very long so it becomes very stressful to my husband who doesn't travel well. It's always a rush to get everything done in time so that we're not leaving exhausted. We're always packing at the last minute which irritates my husband. This time I decided to be kind by packing the day before. It was such a small act but with big results.


Wow! He was so impressed that I did something just for him. I didn't even need to say anything, he figured it out on his own that I did it for him and no one else. It made the trip less stressful which gave us a chance to talk about a variety of subjects that we totally enjoyed.

1 comment:

aji said...

How come day 2 is a month after day1?