Thursday, January 15, 2009

Day #4 - Love is thoughtful

Even though this dare was an easy one, I still learned some valuable things. We go constantly to get everything done but taking time for our spouse can be therapeutic. Sometimes its the little things that make a big impact. And the biggest one of all, my husband is thoughtful.

Since I'm a stay-at-home mom, I make a habit of asking my husband before he goes to work in the morning if I need to do anything for him. Sometimes he asks me to do something but most of the time he says I have enough to do which is true. Today, my husband said he wanted to help me since I've been so busy lately but I told him it was his turn and so I made an appointment to take the car in that he's been trying to do for weeks. It seemed so simple but he was delighted that I would choose to help him even when I'm busy.

It's not the doing errands or chores, but the act of making time for your spouse. It's the reassurance that we're in this together and partners. I don't think I'll say "what can I do for you" in the same light again.

No comments: