Saturday, January 17, 2009

Day #6 - Love is not irritable

I try to stuff too many things into too small a time. Because of too many projects I wait until the last minute to finish projects even though I may have plenty of time initially. I'm late most of the time and my family are the ones who suffer because of it. I get tired because I try to do too much. Most of my friends will stay they can't believe I'm finally admitting it.

Starting today I will plan better, take on less and make more time for my family. It's OK not to do everything anyone asks. It's OK to say no because I don't have time. It's as easy as scheduling free time like I do a doctor's appointment. I have started to prioritize my projects so I finish them two days before they're due. If I take the time to finish a project before I start the next one then I should be able to tell others that I don't have time for more. I look around my house and see too much. I'm cleaning out the excess and eliminating the things I don't use. My husband and I have been cleaning out our closets and I found clothes that still had the tags on them. Did I really need them to begin with?

It's actually liberating to decide I don't need all the material things. I can now think about sitting long enough to read a good book.

2 comments:

DAVID said...

i am just like you try to do 2 many things for 2 many people each day, no time for myself, very little sleep, drive alot.

i will try to start earlier, finish earlier, do things i like to do.

just watched "fireproof" on dvd what a movie thank god best movie i have ever seen, starting day #1 lovedare, my girlfriend, very receptive, she is doing it also.

tinainnca said...

Reading this is like I wrote it myself!

Thanks Debbie, for putting it into prospective. I'm going to take your suggestion on completing one task before accepting, or tackling another. As I take inventory of the chaos I can see this unfinished business is the root of much of my impatience, anxiousness and irritability that follow