Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Day #3 - Love is not selfish

I was surprised to read day 3. How do I give my husband a gift when he needs nothing and buys what he wants. A friend gave me a clue when she said "think outside the box". I did and got a gift myself.

It's that time of year when all the "big games" happen. Bowl games, playoffs, divisional, national champions, etc. It's usually a time of frustration because my husband wants to watch and the games never come at a convenient time. This year was different. What better gift to give than time. I marked every important game down on the calendar. I rearranged our schedule so that we didn't have any plans and had the snacks or meals ready to go. I even rearranged my daughter's schedule when I had a conflict. My husband watched every game, the entire game without interruption. I even took time to watch a few myself (surprised myself and my husband!).

Somehow we had a wonderful time without stress or frustration (except on the games). My husband kept saying thank you for thinking of me. I learned a valuable lesson about how we are too quick to put a dollar value on gifts. Some of the best don't cost a dime but are worth a million!

No comments: