Monday, April 13, 2009

Day #21 - Love is satisfied in God

Wow! How much better the day goes with a good dose of God’s Word. I’m probably repeating myself from yesterday but there is so much to gain by a few moments with God. The more time you spend in the Bible the more you want to devour more of it.

I’m doing a study of Hebrews and my husband and I are doing a study of Ecclesiastes. The study in Hebrews is teaching me to focus on faith and giving me reassurance that only through faith do we become closer to Christ. The Ecclesiastes study is teaching me to be happy where I am without worrying about tomorrow. Surprisingly they complement each other so easily. My next goal is to try to do a study of Deuteronomy with my husband and daughter. It will be family time well spent.

I take great comfort in my Lord’s words and know that they will see me through the toughest time. My marriage is better because I understand God’s plan for a husband and wife. If I had never opened the Bible I would still be struggling against the nature of God.

5 comments:

karen said...

Debbie, I am excited for you. It is a beautiful thing when you are able to see the workings of God. Recognizing that things are improving in your marriage is recognizing the hand of God in your marriage. The fact that you and your husband are able to study the Word of God together is inspiring as well. Continue to share your journey, it is truly a Blessing.

Rich Wildman said...

Appreciate you sharing. Was wondering why this stopped at Day 21.

thought maybe you needed some encouragement to keep on, keeping on.

Shannon said...

I know life can be very busy but I just want you to know that I have read most of your entries and am looking forward to the next. Glad to know that your life in Christ continues to blossom..

Family Dynamics Institute Marriage Workshops

Charlie T. said...

Hey girl, I thought I would invite you to follow my journey with me. I am just starting day one, and am blogging at doubledogdare2009.blogspot.com

blessings!

Unknown said...

Hello,
my English is not so good, because i`m from German, but i hope the 40 day`s help us in our marriage.
Hope to listen from You.
Blessings from Germany Ulli and Marc