Friday, April 10, 2009

Day #19 - Love is Impossible

Over the past few years my walk with the Lord has become stronger and stronger but I wasn’t always in the right place with the Lord. It’s so easy to have outside influences take over your mind and heart. Once I recognized my weaknesses I had to commit to moving in a different direction. Things didn’t change overnight and it wasn’t easy. Of course it’s never on my time schedule but on God’s.

Twelve years ago I was convinced that I was not in love with my husband anymore. I prayed for God help me get away from this person. Fortunately I talked to a strong Christian friend who reassured me that God could do anything. So instead of focusing on how I could get out of my marriage I prayed for God to work on my heart. I told Him I had nothing to give so if God wanted me to stay in this marriage it would take some major changes in me.

Surprise, surprise, I can’t tell you when things changed but slowly they did and I must admit that I love my husband more today than the day we got married. I know that God put us together and now I have no regrets. And yes I have moments when I would like to deck him for some mean or ridiculous thing he may say or do but I love him and wouldn’t give him up for the world.

No comments: