Saturday, February 14, 2009

Day #12 - Love lets the other win

Here’s the rub. This is the one area that I struggle with. I know that God has assigned the man as the head of the house but I don’t always agree with my husband. I got married after I had already started a successful career and an independent life. As much as I try to do God’s will I still fight the urge to take over control and to be honest sometimes my husband lets me get away with it.

I love to go on mission trips. It’s a great way to feel like I’m doing something for others who truly need the help. My husband is not a traveler so to him any traveling is worrisome. This time I wanted to go with my daughter to Mexico with our church group. I knew if I prayed and gave my husband loads of information he would cave in and be ok with us going. Then I read Dare #12. I told him I needed to leave the decision to him whether we went or not. He had already decided that he didn’t want us to go no matter what.

This time I had no great surprise with a wonderful feeling of joy. I’m disappointed that I can’t go but I know I obeyed God’s word. Sometimes we do things that don’t make us happy but at least we know we’re obedient. Maybe these are the toughest lessons of all.

2 comments:

bls2b1ofhis said...

Obedience is not optional and its through our obedience, even when it hurts us at that momnet, that we gain true VICTORY. I understand full well, because I too find it hard to give up the control that I had prior to getting married... but as I said sometimes obedience hurts our feelings and makes us swallow that pride ... but in the end God is pleased,and its my goal to please Him ...

Anonymous said...

I don't get what you are talking about... why would your husband need to make that kind of decision for this?