Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Day #9 - Love makes good impressions

This dare was harder than I thought it would be because it’s so deliberate. My husband and I talk all through the day so greeting him was something very common. It was not until I noticed his reaction one morning as he was heading off to work did I truly understand what this dare was all about.

My husband wakes me up every morning before he goes to work. Sometimes it’s early but sometimes it’s just before he leaves. Either way I am out of bed before he leaves the house. That doesn’t mean I take the time to talk to him in the morning. This particular morning, I walked out with him to the car and told him to be careful because I want him home in the evening. He put a smile on his face and promised me he would be careful. His whole day went better and he seemed happier.

I think it’s worth it to take the time to send my husband off to work each day with a reassurance that I want him home tonight. Sure makes the evenings nicer.

No comments: