Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Day #15 - Love is honorable

Kids complicate everything! My husband and I would live a pretty simple life without our daughter. However, I can’t thing of a greater joy in life than sharing life with a child. I know this is an odd start to a dare about honor but it was the best way to show my husband respect and honor.

My daughter is always testing the limits of our patience. She knows how to maneuver around us to get what she wants. Sometimes this backfires. Today she wanted to go have fun with some friends but she hadn’t been honest about homework. I immediately cancelled the fun and took her cell phone away. I told my husband as he was heading home what she had done but didn’t tell him I already punished her. Unfortunately, he came in and immediately let her have it.

She told her dad that I had already punished her. My husband was very upset he had given her double doses of what I had already given. I had to apologize for my error. I admitted to him that I had dishonored him by not consulting him before I took action. I told our daughter that Dad was the head of this house and my husband who I honor with obedience. I made a mistake by not giving him all the information he needed to deal with the situation. He was so impressed that I would point that out to our daughter. It may be an indirect way of showing honor but the message came through loud and clear.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, that is amazing :) What a great example for your daughter also!