Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Day #16 - Love intercedes

There is no greater tool God gives us than prayer. I wish I could say I pray for my husband everyday but I don’t but I do pray for him regularly. Since we had marital issues I have prayed for him. Most of the time it’s for strength to lead our family. Sometimes I pray for wisdom for him and me. Sometimes it can be as simple as Dear Lord, help my husband see that I need him. Most of all I pray to lead us both to a stronger marriage.

Our next step is to try to pray together. My husband was raised in the Catholic Church so outward show of spirituality is very foreign to him. He knows how important prayer is. In fact, when I have a difficult issue to deal with I ask him to pray for me. So it seems only natural that we should pray together. He’s willing but it takes setting aside some quiet, private time for us to do that.

It’s been fun seeing how much my husband has grown in his walk with the Lord. I know that prayer for him helps the process. Hopefully we can continue to grow as prayer partners because I know that will make our marriage stronger.

No comments: